Archives and Movies

Couldn't resist entering into the fray on this one!
Some years ago, I saw the Alan Alda movie "Sweet Liberty" about the filming of a Revolutionary War movie, Hollywood vs. the historian who wrote the book they based their movie on.  I gasped in disbelief as the historian let another character in the movie read a Revolutionary War diary, at home, in bed, while smoking a cigarette! (nothing against real life historians who would never risk the loss of such material).
Anyway, if you want entertainment without historical trappings, rent Disney's "The Swamp Fox" with Leslie Nielson. The theme song alone is worth it....."Swamp Fox, Swamp Fox, Tail on his hat, etc."
Leah Weisse