History and the Movies -- another reason to attend SAA

When I was at SAA in Pittsburgh, I skipped out briefly one afternoon to
visit the Fort.  In the museum, I started chatting to a museum staff
member, who had just returned after working as a consultant on native
American history and culture for "The Patriot."  The facts might change,
but Hollywood can get rather interested in the look-and-feel nowadays.
(Compare Bette Davis' world as Queen Elizabeth in "Elizabeth and Essex"
with Cate Blachett's world as Queen Elizabeth in "Elizabeth.")

You never know what you might learn at SAA!

Kate

Kate Bowers
Processing Archivist
Harvard University Archives