SAA Denver

  To get you in the mood for SAA 2000, I thought everyone might enjoy
this piece from our University of Denver Penrose Library Newsletter ...

 YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM COLORADO WHEN ....

 You know the correct pronunciation of Buena Vista

 You think there are only three seasons : elk, football, and ski

 Timberline is someplace you have actually been, many times

 You know who Alferd Packer was

 SPF 90 is not out of the question

 You carry your $3,000 mountain bike on top of your $500 car

 You have an MBA and are frying burgers at the McDonald's in Vail

 You own a dog named Aspen, Cheyenne, or Dakota that wears a bandana

 The entire top of your head is bald but you wear a pony tail

 You get depressed after one day of cloudy weather

 You consider a three-piece suit to be a pair of shorts, a sweatshirt, and
 Birkenstocks

 North means "mountains to the left" and south means "mountains to the
 right."

 When go anywhere else on the planet the air feels sticky and sky is
 never blue

 Your biggest Y2K fear was running out of trail mix

 You have stood on solid ground and looked down on an airplane in flight

 Steve Fisher
 University of Denver
 Co-chair
 SAA 2000 Local Arrangements Committee