ebrary.com at ALA

ebrary invites Library Archivists and fellow Library professionals to visit Booth (#4635) at ALA Chicago for both a live Internet demonstration and discussion. Individual appointments are also welcome.

ebrary.com is an Internet research site set to launch in October. We partner and host digital content from trade, scholarly, and research presses. ebrary actively seeks two kinds of relationships with Libraries:

Library as Publisher: we wish to consider hosting digital content from Special and/or other Collections. ebrary is PDF based and fully searchable by author, title, subject and/or key word. For collections not in PDF, we will advise on ways to convert from electronic and paper formats into PDF. A library's digital collection(s) enters the entire data base where it is cross-searchable with all other relevant areas of the collection. Copyright protected materials are encrypted against unfair use. Library publishers earn revenue each time portions of content are either electronically copied or reprinted.

Library as a Partner: ebrary enables its patrons to share in a rich, global collection of text and visual resources. Fully viewable and searchable, portions of materials may be electronically copied - with full citation - or printed for purposes of research. (Similar in manner to a photocopy). ebrary's library partners receive up to 5% of each transaction originating from the library's computer terminals that may be used for conversion and equipment overhead costs.

Please contact us for further information and/or appointments. We welcome your interest.

Stephen Vincent

Director of Publisher and Library Relations
svincent@ebrary.com
408-991-9332
408-991-9316 Fax