Re: History....and we all know Archivists are NOT historians

>Well you're not alone. I went in to archivy for the same reasons. I LOVE
>HISTORY. (and I don't think that is heresy) I wanted to touch, hold, fondle
>and immerse myself in original material.

The first time I held an eighteenth century letter in my hands, I knew I'd
come home!  There is just something about working with original documents
that can not be had from any other source.  Becoming familiar with a
person's writing style, you can "see" when that person is anxious, hurried,
relaxed, etc. from how the letters and words are formed (something which
will be lost to the next generation of archivists who process emails!).
Anyway, add me to the growing list of those who went into archives because
they love history.

Cheryl Morrison