Betamax Videocasette recovery

Responding to your inquiry about Betamax videocassette materials. (Via Bill
Milhomme at Mass State Archives)

 I have the capability to recover MOST of the varied Betamax formats. These
included  Beta I, Beta II and Beta III speeds, with linear or HiFi audio
tracks. Several machiens which can recover these formats have been preserved
and maintained. The Lab with additional technical peripherals is located in
Foxboro,MA.
Be advised that some formula of Betamax tapes can develop a sticky and gummy
surface on the back-side, severely impeding transport, even on a
well-working VCR. Suggest you do not attempt transport until tapes can be
inspected and minimally cleaned/lubricated for safe usage. Suggest sending
one or two for no-cost evaluation and inspection. Need to know which format
you desire the transfer to be made to. If these are archival recordings that
are the "only" recordings of the events, it makes sense to transfer to a
higher-quality format from which additional dubs can be struck at a later
time. It's tough to go through a lot of heroics to make a single VHS dub.
Please feel to call to discuss issues.

Paul R. Beck
Engineering Manager
Television/Radio/Film