Graduate Student seeking career advice

I am a graduate student in the Information Science and Technology
Department at Drexel University.  I am over halfway through the program and
I have decided I would like to work in an archive or a library in either a
museum or a historical society or with a special collection with a
historical focus.

Drexel offers very few classes in this area (just one class on special
collections) and does not offer archival training. My assistantship is at
the University Library. (Which leaves me little time.)

I am anxious about finding employment upon graduation.  Most of the jobs
require archival training or several years in the field.  Where does a new
person begin?  I am curious to know the path professionals have taken to
work in museums and archives. What is the best way to receive archival
training?

Thanks so much for your help.

Amy