Re: Question re: lining wooden shelves for rare books and archives

Peter: first let me congratulate you once again on your nice work in
updating the webpages. It'll look great.  If in my absence next week (and
the following week, all the way up to August 9), you would like to use some
archival photographs for scanning and inclusion in the webpages, please
contact Jamie Mansurova in the Archives. She has the best knowledge of the
photo collections.

A couple of edits: Helen Gardner was indeed born. This happened at the
beginning of her life, in 1878. Her handbook was released in its 10th
edition in 1996. (Actually Harcourt Brace is currently working on yet
another edition - some researchers came over a couple of months ago, to
check out some of Helen Gardner's handwritten notes, in our archives)

Minor typo in the "Collections" section, under the institutional archives:
.....official papers and records of the Art Institute SINCE its founding
(not shince).

And technically Martin Ryerson was not a founding trustee in 1879. He
became a trustee the next year, 1880. But nobody will fall over that one I
think.

Best,

Bart

Bart H. Ryckbosch