boxes/enclosures for photographs

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions.  The archive at which I work will soon be re-housing many of its photographs - of various sizes - and my curator has mentioned a box type which he feels to be desirable.  Basically, it has a hinged side that's held up with string that, in turn, is wound around a fixture on the lid of the box.  You undo the string, the hinged side falls down and you've got access to the photos in the box without having to remove it from shelf.  I've done a quick survey of Gaylord, Metal Edge and Hollinger websites/catalogs and have not been able to find this item.  My curator believes he saw this box in use at the Library of Congress.  Any suggestions?  Thanx for the help.