Re: alabama musicians/hunt for footage

Your people.  Thanks for the seti thing.

Ann Henderson <ahenderson@CPT.UA.EDU> on 07/20/2000 11:31:00

Please respond to Archives & Archivists <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>

To:   ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Renee Braden/HQ/NGS)
Subject:  alabama musicians/hunt for footage

     We are producing a documentary on the arts in Alabama. We are looking
     for footage of the following musicians, and, as with most public
     television organizations, the budget overshadows every consideration.

     Erskine Hawkins ("Tuxedo Junction"), primarily 1930s and 1940s

     Louvin Brothers (Ira and Charlie)

     William Levi Dawson (Tuskegee Choir), also 1930s and 1940s

     Fess (John T.) Whatley (band leader, trainer of jazz musicians), 1940s

     Hank Williams (Sr.), appearance on The Kate Smith Evening Hour in
     March 1942, singing "Hey, Good Lookin'"

     Thanks for any assistance. Feel free to reply directly to me.

     Ann Henderson, Media Archivist
     ahenderson@cpt.ua.edu
     Center for Public Television
     The University of Alabama