Re: p/t archivist - Los Angeles

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Guys, I applied for this job (I am newly out of Graduate School with an M.A. in History and an emphasis in Archives and a steady year's worth of experience in internships, etc.) and WAS DENIED because I didn't have enough experience...  She wants someone with 3-4 years for a basic survey and boxing-up job.  Additionally (and WHAT really made me mad),  I drove over an hour to be rejected in less than 10 minutes - apparently, the interviewer didn't bother to look at my resume beforehand.  Welcome to this job market, I guess.

(Thank you for letting me put in my "two cents"!!)

az248@LAFN.ORG wrote:

These people have been polling for help for months now.  Trouble is, $10/hr.
will hardly get you a file clerk in Los Angeles, (That's $20,000 a
year--without benefits, so make that closer to $16,000), let alone an
archivist.

Come on folks, are we professionals or not?

You might want to explain this to your contact

John Howard Fowler
A2****