Re: Digital photojournalism

The following was also posted earlier today but apparently it is lost in cyberspace. Where are you Will Robinson when I need you?

Peterk

> A newspaper photog said
> that every D.C. print photog, save one, who shot Clinton hugging
> Monica Lewinsky was shooting digitally. The sole film photog had
> a negative that was retrievable when the news of the president's
> dalliances came to light.

And

> So, aside from the apocryphal nature of this story (and I
> have no idea if
> it's true or not)

To paraphrase Tweety-Bird "it's twue!, it's twue!".
Click on the link below. It will take you to an online article by the photographer who shot the picture and the circumstances behind finding it. Quite an interesting article. The Photohst listserv recently had a long thread discussing the issue of digital photographs and the ability to properly archive them.
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue9807/editorial.htm

And to forestall any questions about the Photohst listserv here is the link to their archives . (you can also subscribe to it from there)
http://lists.asu.edu/archives/photohst.html