Dictaphonograph??, or "I've got a strange platter that looks like it came from a cereal box"

Greetings,

I popped my head into one of our collections and across a small
platter that looked much like an 45 Single or a mini-LP.  The
sprocket hole is square rather than circular.  It is quite flimsy.
Playing it on a "newer" phonograph brought forth two tracks of
audio and a lot of slipping and sliding.  Playing it on a old, I mean
OLD, phonograph brought forth one track but a lot of pops and
hisses.

This, and I'm sure the dozens of others in the collection (not clearly
described) contains dictation, etc.  Is there a "dictaphonograph"
player out there or can someone point me in a direction (politely)?

Thanks, in advance,

David B. Malone
Head, Archives and Special Collections
Buswell Memorial Library
Wheaton College
Wheaton, IL 60187-5593
David.B.Malone@wheaton.edu
630.752.5707             630.752.5855 FAX
630.265.9025 (pager)