Re: Jackie Kennedy's Pink Dress

Excuse me.  As the former Edison Institute archivist at the Henry Ford Museum
and Greenfield Village who passed that car at least 2-3 times a day for
months, I can tell you that that car is real!

It was, however, completely refurbished and used by succeeding Presidents,
painted black instead of powder blue and, I believe, bullet proofed.

The "Lincoln Rocker" was not owned by Lincoln.  It belonged to the manager of
the Ford Theatre and was always placed in the Presidential box when Lincoln
was expected to attend the performance.  The reason?  Mr. Lincoln was too
tall for the normal theatre chairs and so, as a courtesy, the rocker was
moved into the booth for him.  About the blood, you'd have to ask the
conservation team.

I hope this helps to set the record straight.

Elayne Goyette, now assistant archivist at the National Civil War Museum in
Harrisburg, PA