Re: Jackie Kennedy's Pink Dress

Yes it is true that the Lincoln Confidential Limonene that Kennedy rode in is at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn Michigan.  Greenfield Village is adjacent to the Museum.  It was sent back to Ford Motor Co. to have a new interior installed and a new roof on the car.  It was then used by several more presidents before it was returned to Ford Motor Co.  This information came off the information card at the museum.  My speculation is that the car was on lease to the government.

Deborah I. Gouin
Department Analyst
Records and Forms Management Division
Department of Management and Budget
State of Michigan
517-335-8965

>>> VBrooks@LVA.LIB.VA.US 07/27/00 04:44PM >>>
Two things:

1) The Kennedy limo is at Greenfield Village, correct?  (This was news to me
and very interesting to boot)

2) I recently read that scientists are going to test some of Lincoln's blood
from an assassination night item to determine once and for all if the Great
Emancipator had Marfan's Syndrome and was doomed anyway.  Any comments?
Several stories were passed around about JFK's health (re: his spinal
problems), including some related to his alleged womanizing.  Can we expect
similar tests on the pink dress in 70 years or are the JFK health questions
just another Lincoln-Kennedy coincidence?  Oooo, ahhhh.

Vincent T. Brooks
Research Archivist
The Library of Virginia
800 East Broad Street