William Finn recordings

Hi all,

I have already posted a query on the Music Library Association listserv
regarding a need from one of our music faculty members to locate any
recordings made with Father William J. Finn as conductor. He is in the LC
authority file as Finn, William J. (William Joseph), 1881-1961. This
probably would have been in the 40's or so, and he conducted the Paulist
Choristers that started in Chicago and then showed up in New York City.
Some performances were aired on NBC's Catholic Hour program.

The standard sources have already been tried and contacts have already been
intiated in terms of the Paulist Choristers (still going), the Paulist
Archives, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Archives, the NBC Archives, the
Rodgers & Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound at NYPL, and appropriate
church archives.

What little has turned up at this point has been unaccessioned items that
people have worked on or remember tripping over in their repositories. If
anyone else has  any additional knowledge of where any recordings may be
found, we would be appreciative of having that information. Replies may be
directed to me, rather than the list.

My thanks in advance for any help you can give us,

Jane

Jane M. Subramanian                  Phone: (315) 267-3326
F.W. Crumb Library                   Fax: (315) 267-2744
SUNY Potsdam                          E-mail: subramjm@potsdam.edu
Potsdam, N.Y. 13676