Re: That Most Searing Day

blah blah blah... Mondays, gotta love 'em...

In any case - I agreed with the poster that putting Mrs. Kennedy's dress on
display would do nothing more than pander to base sensationalism. It was the
statement that somehow this American tragedy had also managed to sear itself
into the consciousness of people in the rest of the "civilized" world to the
same degree that it did into that of a star-struck young White House intern
that I found irritating.

Personally, I still haven't made up my mind whether  that bullet that
ultimately killed George Brown (Father of Confederation, founder of the
Globe & Mail) was fired intentionally or - as some sources suggest - by
accident.  Similarly, the identity of the assassin who killed
parliamentarian and Father of Confederation Thomas D'Arcy McGee remains
unknown, although Fenian terrorists were blamed at the time and seem the
most likely culprits given his well publicized opposition to their habit of
invading Canada at regular intervals.

[...rant deleted...]