Protection against fire

I would appreciate opinions as to the best ways to protect largely paper
archives and would very much like to get feedback on how other archives of
largely paper materials in file cabinets and on shelves are being protected.

We have CO2 canisters but the thought has been broached to put in an overhead
sprinkler system as well, and also to test the CO2 system. Does anyone have
experience with this type of test?

Thanks in advance, Barbara Mayer, consulting archivist, Benjamin Moore & Co.