Fwd: Archives humor, Wednesday, etc. (fwd)

Hi all,

I've received a number of answers to the question of the funny archival video.

Let's hear it for the United Church of Canada!

Elayne Dobel Goyette
--- Begin Message ---

Elayne,

  the video you recall seeing was put out by the United Church of Canada's
Victoria BC Archives. The guy who wrote and starred in it was (probably
still is) a fellow named Bob Stewart. I had the opportunity of meeting Ian
Wilson the Archivist of Canada within the past year and felt compeled to ask
if he's ever met Bob (as his wife works at another United Church of Canada
chapter Archives). Sure enough, even the high and mighty are familiar with
the comic genius of Mr. Stewart.
Needless to say, he's also a thoroughly decent fellow. I had quite a
humorous exchange in ordering my copy of the video. Anyways, the URL with
all the necessary ordering information is as follows:

   http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/bstewart/

Don't be daunted by the price, it's well worth it for the humor value alone.
And informative, as the methods put forth for  communicating and serving
geneologists are universal.

-Bill