Re: Remembering that OAH did help save SAA ........

Kristin wrote
<snip>
I find it utterly repulsive that Adams Mark Hotel would consider filing a
lawsuit against OAH for cancelling their reservation. Unless they signed a
contract, OAH has the right as far as I understand to cancel their
reservation. I hope the suit gets thrown out of court..
<snip>

When it comes to holding a convention, conference, symposium or what ever you
call it a contract is the standard agreement between the hotel and the
organization. These contracts will spell out number of rooms required, what
sort of items will be provided to the organization based upon room occupancy
etc. These negotiations occur years before the conference occurs. Contract
law is very tough. There is probably a statute of limitations that covers
this action, thus in order to preserve its legal rights the AM hotels must
file suit in order to preserve their legal rights. Failure to file suit
results in the total loss of any right to recover.

Check back in the listserv archives for the discussion about SAA and Adams
Mark. I posted several websites that covered this type of contract.

Why shouldn't Adams Mark file suit? When I travel on business or pleasure I
make sure that I make guaranteed arrival reservations (unh?). I guarantee
that I will be arriving after 6 pm if I don't I get charged for the room.
why? because the hotel set aside the room for me. If I don't show up the
likelihood that they can rent it for the night after 6 pm is very unlikely