Software Products to Automate Email Retention

Question:    Looking for advice and opinions about software products available
on
> the market today that can automatically capture email for retention and
> archival.  Will appreciate any comments, advice and directions given.

> records management for a major department in the Canadian Federal Government.
> In the process of preparing to issue a "Request For Proposal/Quotation" to the
> street for an automated RM product, I am also very concerned in acquiring a
> suitable product to capture/archive and administer life cycle retention for
> email that is deemed as corporate memory for the department.  I prefer for the
> potential product to capture this corporate asset automatically, when applied
> business rules, without any user intervention.

  * But most importantly, I am looking for something for "single instance".
Known
    better in our RM communities as "duplicate checking".  I am very interested
in a
    product that will eliminate duplicate mail messages often found in a large
enterprises
    like Health Canada.

> So far in my review I have identified the following five products:
>
> Veritas software with their Remote Storage for MS Exchange product,
  Educom with their Exchange Archive Solution product,
> OTG Software with their EmailXtender product,
> IXOS Software with their ExchangeARCHIVE product,
> KVS Software with their Enterprise Vault product,

 And so far it lookis like only one of these products satisfies my concerns for
"single instance".

  Has anyone had any recent experience with any of these products and if so your
comments
  would be greatly appreciated.  Are there any other products that I have
missed?  And I
  certainly do not mind if vendors respond also.