Denver weather

 Someone asked me to give an outlook for the weather here in Denver next
week. Denver just came out of a long very hot very dry spell with daily
high temps in the 90's. It is now usually in the 80's during the day, but
cools off nicely in the evening to the 70's. For those of you who come
from higher humidity, the heat here is more like baking than broiling. 85
in Denver is much more comfortable than 85 in D.C. Drink a lot of liquids.

 What to pack? Pack light. You may need a light jacket in the evening or
early morning but that is about it. Of course remember that you will be
spending a lot of time in air conditioning and may want a sweater for
that. I was in the Adams Mark this morning and the air conditioning seemed
perfect, not too cold like it sometimes can get in modern buildings.

 Rain - if we get rain it is almost always in the late afternoon and
fairly light. We have been in a very dry period but did have a good rain
about a week ago. Bring an umbrella. You may end up not using it but
better safe than sorry.

 Mountains - Remember it is usually significantly cooler in the
mountains than in Denver, and tends to rain more.

 Sorry - no ski areas are open yet ( but you can probably find a lift to
ride anyway if you want to pretend, and the views are remarkable ).

 Hope this helps ...

 Steve Fisher
 University of Denver