Nuking Mold

No, this one's not about Denver...

A computer science faculty member just dropped by to find out if his
books and papers (which have been stored in East North Carolina until
recently) could have the mold destroyed by being nuked in his microwave.

It caught me off guard (like everything else today!) and I did go over
the usual stuff (dehumidifiers, silicon gel packs, Lysol and mask,
NEDCC...) but he seems intent on nuking them and seemed to want to hear
a "professional" say it's okay.

I can't quite bring myself to say "okay;" I keep thinking about
overdehydrating the paper and accelerating aging and brittleness.  When
he left he seemed determined to try it anyway.  I asked him to let me
know how it turns out.

Interested in comments,

Holly, getting dehydrated in Chatta.