Re: Left behind

As a newly-transplanted southernor, I frequently dip into the foodways of my homeland (ahhhh, Louisiana...Tony Cacheres seasoning and Tabasco, boudin and Blackened Voodoo...Natchitoches' Creole etouffee, mufalettas, Caddo fry bread...<sigh>) when I get misty-eyed.
But, oh! dilemma!  I'm beginning to appreciate my new home here in Lansing, Michigan...bratwurst, sauerkraut, you-know-the-style pizza (hint: it's a city to the left of me <grin>)...
And you know, you can't beat New England chowdah and crabcakes au gratin...
oh! wait! DON'T deny yourself Tidewater food...nor the myriad of recipes for Texas' fajitas...
So I think I'll bring something from all the places I've lived...
Just let me know where the party is...<grin>

Mimi Dionne

Mimi Dionne
RMA Pilot Project
Records and Forms Management Division