Re: left behind

I'll add some New York state cider to the previous cider contributions. It should be plentiful and cheap this year, as we had some major hail damage to apples in the area, and there are many that might otherwise have been sold that will be used for cider.

And I'll stop by the Culinary Institute of America's Apple Pie Bakery Cafe and pick up a selection of goodies for the party. The chocolate croissant is one of my favorites, as are the chocolate cherry chunk cookies. Then there's the golden raisin scone and the assorted tarts, plus the interesting sandwiches and salads. Maybe the T.L.T. sandwich (Roasted Turkey, Boston Lettuce, Tomato and Herb Mayonnaise on Focaccia) and the Asian salad.

For a full preview to whet your appetite and make you wish you were here, check out the menu at http://www.ciachef.edu/rest/bakery/bmenu.html
Luckily, I think I actually will be eating lunch there today!

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

(note change of address as of May 2000)
Culinary Institute of America