Re: Left behind

Based on the experience I'm going through right now of getting ready to move from a house that I have lived in for 21 years, I would say: go through and weed out anything you can (which I realize in an archives you probably can't do much of), and think about using up supplies so you won't have to move them. Since it sounds as if you are still in a planning stage, you may have plenty of time to use up those supplies.

At least your collections are probably in boxes already, but if you have things that aren't in boxes, you will find that you need twice as many boxes as you think you will, and that it will take twice as much time as you expect to pack them.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

(note change of address as of May 2000)
Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(914) 451-1757 or (845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Ron Urwiller <ron_urwiller@WCG.ORG> 08/31/00 06:42PM >>>
Ditto the feeling.

I am putting my nose to the grindstone instead of enjoying the mile high
city because I have to move our archives into a 4700 square foot space in
our new denominational HQ.

I get to plan the space from the concrete up.  We're vacating 50+ acres of
facilities and 50+ years at the same spot.  Any great references or
suggestions on things to do or not do as I plan and move?  Move time
approximately in 6 months.

I know, I know.  PRAY is at the top of the list (Hey, we are a church after
all)!

Ron

Worldwide Church of God Archives
Recording God's Grace in our Christian Journey

Ronald Urwiller, Archivist
300 West Green St.
Pasadena, CA 91123

Ph:   626.304.6064