Music for the Archival ear

Originally published in the ACA Bulletin -

My Favourite Things

by Jeff O'Brien

(With Apologies to Julie Andrews)

Cor-o-plast boxes and acid-free folders
Black and white photos in clear plastic holders
Oversize drawings rolled up with string
These are a few of my favourite things?

Hypertext markup and javascript coding
Spreadsheets for budgets, assistants with nose-rings
HVAC controls and psychrometer slings
These are a few of my favourite things

Reference statistics and grant applications
Mat board and mylar and mould infestations
Silverfish dancing on gossamer wings
These are a few of my favourite things.

When the paper cuts
When the phone rings
When my hard drive dies
I simply remember my favourite things?

And then book off early and go for a beer.