From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Alejandro Delgado
Sent: 30 August 2000 11:10
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Caribbean archives

Maybe you are interested in National French Archives http://www.culture.fr
or archives@culture.fr Most of the Caribbean countries have a department for
archives, although I don't know if they host historical materials; anyway,
you can get a list from the ICA directory http://www.ica.org
The University of West Indies (I don't have the address) could be a good
contact point.
On the other hand, I think some of our Spanish archives, basically the
Archives of the Indies or directory for Latin-American archives,
http://www.mcu.es/lab/archivos/index.html  host ancillary materials.
I've been working piracy in the Caribbean sea, but only from a bibliographic
view, and I don't know if this will be useful.
Anyway, I hope these addresses will be helpful for you.
Alejandro Delgado Gómez
Cartagena City Council (Spain)