WW I casualties by state was: Re: Thanks and a New Question

The source we use here in Utah are the records of the local chapter
of the Service Star Legion; that's the organization that developed
the Blue Star mothers signs for those with sons/daughters in the
military, and Gold Stars for those killed during their service.  We
have the Utah Chapter records and they contain a complete typed
list of all Utah KIA,  and MIA for both world wars, Korea, and some
of Vietnam.  It's very comprehensive, with name, hometown, dates
of birth and death, and in some cases circumstances ("run over by
tank" was one of the more grisly ones, and "disappeared" is sadly
common).

Someday on a Friday I'll tell the story of picking that stuff up, one
of my more embarassing archival moments.

Welcome back to all those in Denver; should have gone, I could
have stayed with my sister, but I went down the river instead.  I
promise no one talked about you while you were gone.

Roy

Roy Webb, C.A.
Multimedia Archivist
Special Collections