From:   Kurilecz, Peter [SMTP:peter.kurilecz@WOODSIDESUMMITGROUP.COM]
Sent:   Friday, September 08, 2000 1:51 PM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:        RAIN 09/08: update

Terry in Multnomah was kind enough to forward the following link to me. I
think that archivists and records managers will find it of interest.

Tearful Aspects of an Ageing Doll
http://www.beyond2000.com/news/Aug_00/story_749.html
At the recent national meeting of the American Chemical Society, a group of
museum conservators held a press conference and outlined the problems
institutions were having in caring for plastic-based exhibits. Contrary to
what we've always thought, it appears that many synthetic materials are not
that durable after all. Early versions of PVC are particularly at risk of
decay.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc