Re: Smokey Books

Folks,
Understand there are restoration companies that use ozone to remove smoke
from material in disaster recovery.  You might want to check with a local
firm that does does fire recovery work (maybe you can find through your
insurance agent).  Don't know what harm this might bring to the books
though.  If these are reading copies and not rare material it might help.  I
have books in my personal collection from the library of a long dead
collector who smoked cigars.  I can tell you that after years of use and
shelf life I can tell within nanoseconds when i've opened one of those
pre-smoked books.  Dick King, University of Arizona.