Web site linking

For those managing web sites, here's a new wrinkle. I did a search on
HotBot this morning and turned up some funny entries. Such as:

11. Theatre History Resources
          Dna`bkemhe peqspq` b onhqjnbs~ l`xhms on 'psqqjnls' hmrepmers
          9/1/2000 http://leutna.narod.ru/theatrehistory/
          See results from this site only.

This is a page in English (actually from an English university special
collections) copied to a Russian site with a javascript addition. The java
opens a porn site in a new browser window.

There were a number of these, all with the domain narod.ru. It seems they
have stolen some authentic pages and added the porn link to bypass search
site limitations. I'm not sure what they expect to gain here, but it might
be your site that they have "borrowed."

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>