Re: archives mystery needed

For those of you interested in mysteries involving books, archives, and libraries check out Bibliomysteries at http://www.bibliomysteries.com/index.htm
This is *the* source for mysteries of this sort.

Also, regarding SHE CAME BY THE BOOK, the author is Mary Wings, published 1997 by Prime Crime

Please spread the word if you do find any good archives mysteries!  My favorite library mysteries are Miriam Grace Monfredo's Glynis Tyron series set in Seneca Falls in the 19th century.  I highly recommend them.  Books + history all rolled into a mysteries series - quite nice.

Happy reading,
~Debbie

Jill Schneider wrote:
This is too weird - I just started reading a murder mystery involving a San
Francisco archives - the Director is poisoned at the opening night benefit,
and several donations to the archives (brought to the dinner for formal
presentation by the donors) are stolen.  It's called SHE CAME BY THE BOOK,
but i forget the author's name.   An interesting read, but the writing
style is somewhat disjointed - don't know if I'll read any more in the
series.
What would be great would be to have a series in which the archivist is the
detective.  Does anyone know if this has been done?   ttfn - jill.

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457
jschnidr@usgs.gov