Re: archives mystery needed

Ah hem, I beg to take exception to BiblioMysteries being "*the* source" for
archival mysteries. :-}

So I'll immodestly endorse my own "The Fictional World of Archives, Art
Galleries and Museums" which another list member also cited. Just in case
you missed the URL it's at:

http://www.victoria.tc.ca/~mattison/ficarch/index.htm

My site and BiblioMysteries are linked to each other. All of the titles
cited in Arlene Schmuland's marvelous analysis in American Archivist of the
fictional representation of archives are included in my site. Some of my
entries include independent detailed analyses by me or contributors.

Anyone doing a Web search for "fictional archives" or "fictional archivists"
on the major search engines (e.g., AltaVista or Google) would encounter my
site near or at the top of the list. Some of the links, however, will be to
the former URL maintained by Leon Miller at Tulane University which is no
longer active.

There is a section devoted to archival humor, but it is not fully developed.

I have to fix the broken discussion board link.

Contributions always welcomed and credited.

David Mattison, Archivist and
Voyager Library System Administrator
Access Services, BC Archives
Information, Science & Technology Agency
Phone: 250-387-3401 Fax: 250-387-2072
E-mail: David.Mattison@gems3.gov.bc.ca
Web: http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca