Re: Archives and mystery

Geri, I remember that book and thought it was great!  Anne

>>> "Geri E. Solomon" <Geri.E.Solomon@HOFSTRA.EDU> 09/13/00 12:44PM >>>
I couldn't resist putting in a few cents.
One of our alums, Nelson DeMille wrote a book several years ago
entitled, PLUM ISLAND. It was a great, fast read, and had a great Long
Island related plot. BUT, the most important feature was that the woman
who ran the historic building (and was an archivist) was not only young
and beautiful, but smart and sexy. Of course, she gets raped and killed.
BUT she was young and beautiful etc. etc.  Not a crusty old man or a
frumpy old woman-type.

--Geri Solomon, Hofstra University