Re: archives mystery needed

One more response to the question about already written stories: the May 2000 issue of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine includes a story called "Maureen Walsh" in which the muderer is a librarian (I"m not giving anything away; this is clear pretty early in the plot). The  good news is that the librarian is not a shy timid person with a bun and tennis shoes, but actually is aggressive enough to be the murderer (stabbed her husband seven times in the back). The bad news is that the librarian has a terrible personality: manipulative, rude, mean, etc.  Oh, well... You win some, you lose some.

I know this is a librarian and not an archivist, but since I fulfill both functions, I often equate the two, and my impression is that archivists suffer from an image problem similar to that of librarians.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

(note change of address as of May 2000)
Culinary Institute of America