Dublin Core

Listmembers:

The catalog librarian where I work is very interested in using Dublin Core
to catalog some of our archival materials.  We currently use MARC for our
books and are looking at LC for our maps.  Other than a few short readings
on the very basics of "what is Dublin Core", I don't know much about it.  I
have heard that D.C. works well for cataloging individual photographs, but I
certainly don't know anything about how archival collections could be
cataloged using Dublin Core.

Could anyone recommend readings, websites, etc. that I could look at to get
more information about D.C and especially about using it for archival
materials?  If anyone is currently using D.C., do you have a website where
your collection records are available for viewing so I can get a sense of
how they are different from MARC or EAD records.  I welcome any and all
comments, suggestions, criticisms that you are willing to share.

Thank you.

Donna E. McCrea
Local History Archivist & Librarian
Pikes Peak Library District