Help with Job Description

Now here's an excellent opportunity to help.  I need help in writing a
job description for a new position being created.  Details below.
Bottom line is this:  I've never written a job description for an
archivist position before and need to get it right first time.  What I
really need help with is the wording for each of the job duties.  what
kind of standard line items need to appear.  Here are some of the
details:

Navarro College is a two year comprehensive community college located 60
miles south of Dallas, Tx.

New collection of Civil War manuscripts, diaries, photographs, letters.
Given by local benefactor who is also paying for the archivist position
to be filled.

We will be building a museum to house and display the collection and two
other collections (large western art and collection of indian
artifacts).  Opportunity for someone to help design and build a
facility.

Need someone with Civil War background?  Benefactor very interested in
us being able to make collection "come alive" by showing interaction of
battles, etc.

What are the minimal requirements in education?  Master's degree
preferred or required?  Museum studies?  Archives?  Library Science?

If any one is interested in helping to write this job description, or
provide ideas,  I'd appreciate the input.   Respond either on-line (if
worthy of list discussion) or to me personally.  Thanks.   Darrell
Beauchamp, Dean of Learning Resources.

 Darrell Beauchamp, Ed.D.
 Dean of Learning Resources & Special Collections
  The Pearce Civil War Documents Collection
  The Pearce Western Art Collection
  The Robert S. Reading Indian Artifact Collection
  The Samuels Hobbit Carving Collection

                                       Internet:  dbeau@nav.cc.tx.us
 Navarro College                       Phone   :  903-875-7441
 3200 W. 7th Ave.                      FAX     :  903-874-4636
 Corsicana,  TX  75110

"Unless indicated, the views expressed do not necessarily represent the
official views of Navarro College.  They might, and then again, they
might
not."