Re: (Fwd) The House of David Blues

I'm not familiar with the jazz versions, but have heard a couple of early hillbilly recordings of the tune/song.  First is by McMichen's Melody Men on Columbia 15130-D.  Fiddlin' Arthur Smith recorded a version called "Singing the House of David Blues" on Bluebird B-6827.

Jim Nelson
Cataloging Librarian
St. Louis Public Library

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:07:41 -0400