license fees, and rights

worldwide distribution of materials (print and photo) from our collections,
I would like to know what policies are in effect, and how license fees are
established in other archives. And, what are the policies of other archives
respecting buyout fees vs. ten year license fees for worldwide distribution
of images on the Web as well as CDROM/DVD formats.
In addition, how do other archives charge, or not, for non-profit use of
written experpts to be used for 10 years vs. no limitations to time.

Thanks for your responses.

Lyn Slome
Archivist
American Jewish Historical Society