  • Subject: Stolen Books Database
  • From: <SALLEN@ROCKY.CLAREMONT.EDU>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1992 09:00:00 PDT
  • Sender: Rare Books and Special Collections Forum <EXLIBRIS@RUTVM1.BITNET>

BAM-BAM, the stolen book database set up by the Leabs is still available.
I believe you can reach BAM-BAM through the following methods:
        Katharine and Daniel Leab
        P.O.Box 1236
        Washington, CT  06793

        or

        212-737-2715

For other sources of help, see my article in C&RL News, November 1990.

Currently, the RBMS Security Committee is working with OCLC and ABAA to
establish a database available on OCLC for librarians, booksellers, and
law enforcement.  I will provide more information as the situation
develops.  If OCLC asks if you would use such a thing, do say, "Yes!!!"
Susan M. Allen, Chair RBMS Security