Librarians' Tour to Scotland

The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Library and Information
Studies will again offer its popular tour to Scotland, May 31-June 12,
2001. Our small group?s base will be a lovely and historic 1701 manor house
at Dalkeith,  just a few miles outside Edinburgh. The large Dalkeith estate
makes a peaceful retreat after our busy days exploring scenic and historic
sites such as Melrose Abbey, Sir Walter Scott's home at Abbotsford, the
beautifully preserved village of Culross, Hopetoun House and many other
places. We'll also spend a few days away exploring the beautiful Highland
lochs and glens, with overnights in Highland towns. The program will
include visits to several important libraries and free time to explore the
fascinating old city of Edinburgh. The cost will be approximately $1675
(plus airfare), which includes accommodations, most meals, group
excursions, admissions and tickets to events, ground transportation,
instructional fees and gratuities. For detailed information and itinerary,
visit http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slis/people/pearl/scotland.htm or call
or write to the tour leader, Jane Pearlmutter, School of Library and
Information Studies, 600 N. Park St., Madison, WI  53706, (608) 262-6398
(email: jpearl@slis.wisc.edu).