From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of LewinJim@CS.COM
Sent: Thursday, 28 September 2000 08:47
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Quotation curiosity

Daniel,

The quotation is often credited to "Big Bill" Thompson, one of the most
corrupt mayors in Chicago history (forgive me, please, if I have a hard time
picking out who should be credited as "the" most corrupt mayor in Chicago
history).  It was he who was mayor during the reign of Al Capone.  My
understanding is that he said it early and often during his second campaign
for mayor.

That was a slow pitch.  How about sending a fast one right down the middle?

Jim Lewin
President
Image Delivery Systems
1101 Pennsylvania Avenue SE