Re: Quotation curiosity

"The quotation is often credited to "Big Bill" Thompson, one of the most
corrupt mayors in Chicago history."

Oddly enough, here at the Board of Elections we often joke "Vote early Vote
often" And I do mean JOKE! I never gave much thought to the origins of the
quote. It comes as no surprise that it would come out of Chicago. If you
look up the word "corrupt" in the dictionary I think you will see a picture
of the1968 Democratic Convention, hence a song for Mayor Daly (sp)
"Won't you please come to Chicago......" CSNY

Phil Donahue
Personnel Director/Records Management Officer
Board of Elections in the City of New York
42 Broadway 7th floor
New York, New York 10004
(212) 487-5340     fax (212) 487- 5349
mailto:pdonahue@boe.nyc.ny.us <mailto:pdonahue@boe.nyc.ny.us>