Re: Quote - was: RE: Access to the Stacks

John Masters uses the phrase as a maxim, "Never complain, never explain," in his
autobiographical *Bugles and a Tiger.* The books' subject is his career in the
army in pre World War II India, which suggests that this was commonly used among
newly minted officers in the British army at that time.

C. V. Mutschler
-30-