Acquisition

From: Daniel Sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL on 09/29/2000 09:47 AM

To:   archives@listserv.muohio.edu
cc:
Subject:  Acquisition

Greetings all,

I have a potential gold mine for an interested archives with holdings in
corporate/business history.  I've been in contact with a donor who has been in
the photography business for over 50 years, and he is heading towards
retirement.  He's got a collection of negatives from his work (as I understand,
over 100,000 negs) photographing officers of hundreds of corporations, many of
them famous, and many of them ending up as CEO.

I have no particular connection to this kind of collection, but it came across
my desk & he and I both hate the idea of all this work ending up in the garbage.
If there is someone out there with an interest in this acquisition, which I
think would be a donation rather than a sale, please contact me off-list to
express your interest.

He is based in New York City, and the only caveat to the donation is that he is
considering using the collection to write a coffee table-style book, so I
suppose that would have to be worked out in advance.

Thanks all,

DS

Daniel Sokolow
Corporate Archivist