Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 11:28 AM
Subject: Robert Openheimer

I am trying to track down the footage of  Robert Oppenheimer making the following statement.  I know this was included in the CNN Millennium Show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance....

Here's the quote:

"We knew the world would not be same.  A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.  I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture the Bagavad Gita. Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.I suppose we all thought that one way or another."

Thanks
Jessica

Jessica Berman-Bogdan
Archival Research & Clearances