SAA 2001 Session Proposal - late call

I am developing a session proposal for the 2001 annual meeting of SAA in Washington, D.C. August 27 - September 2, 2001.

TOPIC:  Academic/University Archives and Local History.

PURPOSE: To examine the relationships between academic repositories and the larger community(s)  in which the institution functions. Focus will be on shared resources, documenting local history, outreach, and access.

Interested panelists may contact me (off list) with either an overview of completed research, or a proposed research topic in this area.  There are currently two professionals committed to the session whose research is survey-based.

I apologize for the late posting (proposals must be postmarked by Oct. 6).

Sincerely,

Katie Salzmann
Archivist/Curator of Manuscripts
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
ksalzman@lib.siu.edu
A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List! To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to listserv@listserv.muohio.edu In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail to archives@listserv.muohio.edu Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html Problems? Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt