Re: College Group Photos

The Burlington, VT, photographer L.L. McAllister, who flourished in the
same time period as other panoramic photographers mentioned so far,
deposited his vast collection of photos, including many panoramic photos
of the University of Vermont student body, in Special Collections at
UVM.  We have also received many panoramic photos from alumni, who
probably ordered them almost as frequently as they did class rings.

  We store most of them flat in oversize folders cut to fit.  Some of
them are up to 80" long.  If they're stored rolled, they're essentially
not available to view, so it is worth the trouble to humidify them, I
would say.

Sylvia Bugbee
Assistant Archivist
University of Vermont