Re: Moveable Stacks for Art

We used Crystallization  Systems Inc. (CSI)  for our art storage.  They're
based in New York, but worked out fine for Fort Wayne, Indiana.  (Phone:
516 567-0888 contact:  Pat Ellenwood)   There are lots of companies to
choose from, though. Check the listings in the Official Museum Directory
(vol. 2 is Products & Services, section on storage equipment) published by
the American Association of Museums, which you should be able to find at a
local member museum, or a local university or public library.  I'd be happy
to fax you the relevant section if you like.

As for the conservation concerns with using moveable storage for artwork
and more info on appropriate storage, I'd check the conservation online
site  (www.palimpsest@stanford.edu).

Carolyn Texley
Dir. of Collections & Archivist
The Lincoln Museum